On the First Day of Christmas, I Started Baking!

Elsa Beskow

Somehow as the years go by, the days leading up to Christmas seem to get busier and busier (or maybe I'm just getting older and slower?)  At any rate, this year I determined to save my baking and gift-giving for friends and neighbors until after the 25th - in order to spread the cheer over the Twelve Days of Christmas and lessen my stress.


Inspired by the book Celebrating the Twelve Days of Christmas, from December 26th to January 6th, I'll be reflecting on the 12 days leading up to Epiphany in my posts. (The book is available HERE.)

Along with craft ideas and Orthodox devotional material for the festal days, this wonderful new book by AmandaEve Wigglesworth offers a Christian perspective on the popular "Twelve Days of Christmas" song - to remind ourselves of the gifts God gives to us.
Carsten/Three Lions/Getty Images
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
    A Partridge In A Pear Tree...


Loren Long
Jan Brett

[Tomorrow, December 27, St. Stephen's Day is celebrated in the Eastern Orthodox Church, and I'll be highlighting some good picture books.  In the West, the saint is celebrated today.  Click HERE for my past posts about Good King Wenceslas and the Feast of Stephen.]

Blogroll