Falling in Love, With a Car?

The CUBE!

Cool Cube bar-less window

I have fallen in love with a car. That's right. After going to four auto shows, and visiting three dealers, and taking multiple test drives, my new love is the Nissan Cube. When I found out the car was being discontinued for 2012, I was bummed. Until I found out that a new Nissan car with many features of the Cube is being designed for a 2013 debut!

What's so great about the Cube, you ask? You claim it looks like one of those absurd mini bakery trucks, or like a box on wheels? All true. I can handle the stares and jokes. Because I know how the thing rides! For a tall person, it's a revelation. It's 2" shorter in length than my old Subaru Forester, but it has TONS more interior space and headroom. I will never have to hit my head on the door getting in, or the dash if I lean forward. The Cube reminds me of a Bulli. What the heck is that, you ask? Google it. The Bulli's a Volkswagon's concept car--and has a vague resemblance to the classic VW bus, but it's smaller and cuter and futuristic!
Versa Hatchback

Anyway, I had just finished test-driving the Nissan Versa Hatchback when I spotted the Cube. The Versa has headroom, pizzaz, a good safety rating and it's cheap. But it's just too normal a car for my artistic and rebellious nature.

So, what do you think of the Cube (pictured above). It has a wraparound right-back window and the back opens from the side. It has ripples on the ceiling and bungee cords on each side door to hold all kinds of stuff (French bread, maps, an umbrella). Basically, it was made for 20-something hipsters and greenies. I'm a 20-something hipster at heart and I like its green gas mileage.

So, should I get one tomorrow? Say yes! Anyone want to buy my spurned love, a Subaru Forester that I've totally babied over the years? It has a brand new $200 Pioneer radio with USB port and best of all--the radio constantly changes colors! Light show on wheels. I told you I was a party girl.

Do you ever go to the auto shows? What's your fave car? What cool accessory would you like to see in the car of the future?

Blogroll