REMEMBERING STORY RECORDINGS: "You Can Read Along With Me in Your Book..."

Childhood nostalgia takes over when I recall the many hours I spent listening to story recordings; so I about flipped out when I discovered (thanks to a tip from The Book Chook) this FREE website where you can listen to - and look at - these oldies but goodies!  I remember the prompt for pre-readers: "You will know it is time to turn the page when you hear..." and then there would be a cue, such as chimes ringing, Tinkerbell tinkling her bell, the Saggy Baggy Elephant trumpeting, etc. .  

Some of my favorites were Golden Books like THE SAGGY BAGGY ELEPHANT, THE TAWNY SCRAWNY LION, THE POKY LITTLE PUPPY, THUMBELINA, SCUFFY THE TUGBOAT, and of course the ever-popular DISNEY stories...
 
 http://www.thestrong.org/online-collections/images/Z001/Z00106/Z0010613.jpg
 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEho8q2Z9y2zmB3Pk0T0Vt3d9rG5eYcT2cZOfS1Cb85T9aZdagDU1xKmABpXKlpKOhusBS_0q275NcUX_Wg5f7LSws8NO6IDhyNgQnTmFG66sIeIu-1lzXEXy5pYDg6NAYe6W5EjVLEogn4r/s400/PeterAndTheWolf.jpg
Check out this STAR WARS ABC , that my kids would have loved! ("You will know it is time to turn the page when you hear R2D2 beep like this...")
 
Have fun re-discovering your favorites!

Blogroll